Pool and Spa Installations - Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I select the right company to build my pool or spa?
- Q: Should I build my own pool or spa?
- Q: Do you use subcontractors?
- Q: What factors affect the cost of my pool or spa?
- Q: How do I decide on the design of my pool or spa?
- Q: Is it possible to build a pool in my tiny, odd-shaped, or uneven backyard?
- Q: Will a pool or spa increase my home value?
- Q: Do you provide warranties for your work?
- Q: How much work does it take to maintain a pool or spa?
- Q: How can I enjoy a pool and still use my energy dollars wisely?
- Q: Some companies offer to build pools for very little money. Should I consider them?
- Q: Why do cost estimates for the same pool vary so much?
- Q: What is shotcrete, and why do you use it? How does it differ from gunite?
- Q: Do you offer salt systems?
- Q: What options are available for my pool or spa?
Q: How do I select the right company to build my pool or spa?
A: It is important to do your research before you hire anyone to build a pool or spa for you.
- Check the company's reputation - in your community, among friends for whom the company has done work, and with references provided by the company (at your request, if necessary).
- Check the company's standing - with the Better Business Bureau, the building department of your local government, and the consumer affairs office of the state attorney general's office.
- Pay attention to how company employees treat you and your property.
- Research the history of the company, including how many years it has been in business, how many pools or spas it has built, and whether projects usually are finished on schedule.
- Learn details about the company's financial practices, such as whether the company is financially stable, whether it will provide a clear written estimate for the work, and whether more charges will be added during the construction process.
At Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa, we are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service from the beginning to the end of every project. We are locally owned and operated, and our reputation matters to us.
Q: Should I build my own pool or spa?
A: No. At Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa, we have the expertise and experience to build first-rate pools and spas. We have decades of accumulated knowledge that helps us to solve problems before they occur. We use top-quality materials and provide top-quality workmanship, and we guarantee our work.
Q: Do you use subcontractors?
A: Nearly all of the work is done by the Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa team. However, some work - such as electrical and gas - must be subcontracted to licensed professionals. But even while that's being done, the Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa team is onsite to keep things running smoothly.
Q: What factors affect the cost of my pool or spa?
A: The biggest factor is the design of the "hardscape," the size and materials used in features (such as waterfalls, decking, and so on) around your pool or spa. Property access, demolition before construction, and local permit costs can affect the cost slightly. The size and design of the pool can also affect the cost, but construction costs do not vary dramatically from one pool to the next.
Q: How do I decide on the design of my pool or spa?
A: When you meet with the design expert from Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa, be prepared to discuss your needs and desires. How will you use the pool? Do you want a secluded getaway or a gathering place for the neighborhood kids - or something in between? How will the size, shape, or features of your property affect the design? Our expert will discuss options with you and then custom design a pool or spa tailored to meet your needs.
Q: Is it possible to build a pool in my tiny, odd-shaped, or uneven backyard?
A: Yes. At Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa, we pride ourselves in being able to build a quality pool in any yard - even if it's small, odd-shaped, or located on a hillside (or even small, odd-shaped, AND located on a hillside). It's all in the design - and we have more than three decades of expert design in our favor. Contact us for free information.
Q: Will a pool or spa increase my home value?
A: Historically, a pool or spa has increased the value of a home in the western United States.
Q: Do you provide warranties for your work?
A: Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa stands behind its lifetime structural warranty. All of the equipment we use comes with manufacturers warranties.
Q: How much work does it take to maintain a pool or spa?
A: Modern technology has simplified pool maintenance tremendously. Virtually all of the "chores" associated with owning a pool can now be automated.
Q: How can I enjoy a pool and still use my energy dollars wisely?
A: A cover for your pool will keep heat - and your energy dollars - from escaping into thin air. By conserving heat, reducing the cleaning costs need for chemicals, and extending equipment life a Cover-Pools® Save-T® automatic pool cover pays for itself. It's a great return on your investment.
There is also new Eco-Friendly equipment available from Pentair Water Pool and Spa that is built to conserve resources and money.
Q: Some companies offer to build pools for very little money. Should I consider them?
A: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is! To construct a pool at an abnormally low price, the builder must compromise on equipment, materials, design, and craftsmanship. Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa is committed to constructing a high-quality product at an affordable price.
Q: Why do cost estimates for the same pool vary so much?
A: Beyond the size and shape of the pool, a cost estimate depends on the quality of design, materials, and craftsmanship in the project. Variations can also occur in underground strength and durability, construction time, and warranties. A cost estimate may directly reflect the quality of the customer service you will receive. Some companies also make it a practice to add hidden charges after construction has begun.
At Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa, we prepare our cost estimates based upon expert design, top-quality materials, fine craftsmanship, and outstanding customer service. We draw upon our three generations of expertise, experience, and integrity in designing and building swimming pools, spas, and swim spas. We will present you with our best estimate of the final cost to build a pool or spa that you - and we - can be proud of.
Q: What is shotcrete, and why do you use it? How does it differ from gunite?
A: Shotcrete is the term used by the American Shotcrete Association to describe all sprayed concrete or mortar, whether the spraying is accomplished through a dry-mix or a wet-mix process. Gunite is a type of shotcrete, but the term applies only to a dry-mix process.
At Natural Hot Springs Pool and Spa, we use only the wet-mix shotcrete process - because no other material is stronger or more durable in the construction of pools and spas. Shotcrete can also be sculpted to match any custom pool or spa design.
Neither fiberglass nor vinyl is as strong as shotcrete. In addition, neither material lends itself to custom pool and spa design, as each is available from manufacturers in limited shapes and sizes.
Q: Do you offer salt systems?
A: Yes. In fact, that's what most homeowners prefer. We use the IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator from Pentair Water Pool & Spa.
Q: What options are available for my pool or spa?
A: Pool and spa technology is changing just as quickly as technology in other industries. You can enjoy new options in water treatment, fiber-optic lighting, remote controls, and more. If you have a question about a particular option, please contact us.